Drop Off / Pick Up
How Drop-Off Works
- Upon arrival at your scheduled drop off time, check-in with a team member at the table by the front door.
- A team member will check you in and give you a pre-sale pass. Hang on to this pass as it will NOT be replaced if lost.
- Video games should be given to the check-in volunteer at this time. For security purposes, they will be marked and kept in a separate container behind our check-out counter.
- You will then be directed to an available inspector, who will review your consigned items. Items not acceptable for consignment will be returned to you at this time. If an inspector is not available right away, then you may be asked to wait a few minutes. The volunteer will screen your items for:
- Clothes with stains, tears, holes, excessive wear, excessive smells, etc.
- Toys and other equipment for missing pieces, old items that are not acceptable, proper packaging. All items must be in working condition WITH BATTERIES!!
- We reserve the right to reject any items during the check-in process. Additional items may be pulled over the sale weekend.
- It is IMPERATIVE that consignors pre-screen their items and check for any recalled items.
- Once inspection is complete, you then need to place your items in the appropriate locations on the sales floor. There will be signs with the various categories to help you locate the right place for your items. If you are unsure, please ask! It is the consignor’s responsibility to place items in the appropriate space. Please understand that if you place your girls 4t items in the girls 3mos section, they will most likely remain there throughout the weekend and they won’t sell.
- Once all items have been placed on the sale floor, you can be on your way!
Tips for a smooth drop-off:
- If you have lots of items -leave the kids at home unless they are of the age and temperament to help.
- Please allot 30 minutes for screening and delivering to the floor; if you have more than 100 items, it may take longer
- Clothing separately by size and gender
- Shoes by size and gender
- Whole and half sizes can be grouped together – (e.g. 7 and 7 ½ can go together)
- Outerwear (if Fall/Winter sale) will be placed on racks separate from other clothing items
- Socks, Accessories, by gender
How Pick-up Works
- Have your Consignor card with you.
- VERY IMPORTANT! If you are unable to pick up your unsold items please make arrangements with someone to pick them up for you. They will need your Consignor card or we will not be able to release your items to them. You will not receive a reminder phone call if you have not picked up your unsold items during the pick up times. Thank you for your cooperation and understanding
- Items not picked up by 6 pm on the Sunday of the sale will be donated to a local charity.
- The sales through Sunday evening at 4p will be uploaded into MyCM by 5p. You can print and bring the list of unsold items with you or access them from a smartphone.
- Consignors will need to find their items on the sale floor. It is recommended that consignors look throughout the sale floor for their items. With thousands of customers touching items over the weekend, they are often moved around. We do the best we can to recover them to the proper place, but it is not possible to catch everything.
- Once your items are collected, you take them to a table staffed by a volunteer who will check to make sure you are only collecting your own items.
- As a reminder, Tot2Tot Shop is not responsible for lost or missing items after a sale. With thousands of items that are inventoried over the weekend we do the best we can by providing security and checks and balances at the registers, but ultimately we are not responsible for missing items.
Tips for a smooth pick-up:
- Before you come in, print out a list of all unsold items from your inventory to help you keep track and to remind you what you’re looking for. You may also access this list on a smart phone.
- If you have a lot of items, sort your list by type of item
- If you can’t find an item:
- Look everywhere!! Items are moved constantly throughout the weekend. With thousands of customers touching items over the weekend, they are often moved around. We do the best we can to recover them to the proper place, but it is not possible to catch everything.
- For clothes, look in racks of adjacent sizes
- With thousands of items inventoried over the weekend, there is a small risk in loosing an item in your inventory. We do not inventory items coming into the sale, so please remember that we do not guarantee an item if it goes missing.